Saturday, March 14, 2015

How To: Contour + My Normal Everyday Makeup


This picture demonstrates how you're supposed to contour. This is a very helpful picture that taught me to do it!  Contouring is the art of shading and highlighting to bring out or lessen features. Contouring adds a whole other dimension to your face and your makeup. Its super easy and quick to do. And totally worth it!

I start off my makeup by applying Sukin Sensitive Facial Moisturiser, and Rimmel London Lasting Finish Primer. I then use my Rimmel London Wake Me Up Concealer in Ivory to cover my spots and any redness i have. I then apply my Rimmel London Wake Me Up Foundation in Soft Beige (These products are my life) over the top of my concealer. 
These first two photos, i just have my foundation base on. 

Next step is too highlight. I use my Rimmel London Wake Me Up Concealer again as it also works as a highlighter. You place some under your eyes, down the bridge of your nose, on your forehead in a pyramid shape (bigger above the eyebrows working smaller up towards your hairline). Also on your brow bone (just under your brow), your cupids bow, under your bottom lip in a vertical line, and lastly two lines on either side of your bottom lip diagonally horizontal (going upwards towards your ears.)

Now you want to blend that all in using your finger or brush. 
This is it all blended. You can see how it has lightened those areas i applied it. 

Next thing to do is to put your foundation pressed powder on over the top of all that. It works as a seal and keeps it on your face, as well as making your face a little more matte. I use Classics Pressed Powder in Ivory. 

Now for the Bronzer! I use Rimmel London Match Perfection Bronzer In Medium/Dark 003.  You want to place the bronzer just under your cheekbones to create a shadow that will make your cheekbones standout. Apply it to your temples and around the top of your forehead. Also you want to place bronzer on either side of your nose, this makes it look thinner as we highlighted down the bridge of it.  Bronzer should also be applied just under your chin and jaw line. 

This is the result of the highlighting and bronzing. 
It has given my face a lot more definition.

I now put on a bit of blush. Here i put on a very pale pink with a little bit of shimmer which also works as a highlighter on the top of your check.  I used Shimmer Strips in Rosy Glow and i used the highlighter not the blush. 
That is all there is too contouring. 

I then finished my makeup, by filling in my eyebrows with Hourglass Arch Brow Sculpting Pencil in Blonde, my Mascara with Rimmel London Day 2 Night Glam'eyes, and my Lips with L'Oréal Paris Collection Privée by Doutzen in Colour Riche Doutzen's Nude. 
This is also the look i go for on a daily basis, the only thing i would change is the colour of my lips. 
And this is the Final Look/End Result!
Hope you like it, and it gave you some tips on how to contour!


I also just want to clarify, i am not an expert or professional with makeup. This is not all necessarily the correct way to do this. This is just how i learnt and what works best for me. 

All the Love 

Bee xx

No comments:

Post a Comment