Tuesday, June 2, 2015

My 18th Birthday ♥


I had a pretty relaxed birthday for my 18th last thursday (28th May), but it was so special and wonderful. I had fun and i got to share with people i love. 

I started the morning off with waking up and opening some presents! I then went out for breakfast with a best friend of 13 years. She turned up and surprised me with huge  purple balloons of 18. It was amazing.  

Later in the afternoon i met with some of my other close friends at the Opera Bar. If you don't know the what the Opera Bar is; it is a bar/restaurant that sits under the Opera House in Sydney looking straight at the Harbour Bridge across the water. Its very good. So we drank  cocktails and ate there for a couple of hours, then went further along the water and took some photos with the bridge behind us. 

It was super exciting being able to order alcohol for the first time being legal!! Although i was annoyed as the bar tender didn't even ask to see my ID. Which is good but when you can actually order drinks for the first time since turning 18 you want them to ask for ID. But oh Well. 

I then went home as i couldn't go out and party that night as i had to get up early the next morning to go to Queenstown, New Zealand! (blog posts coming on that soon) 
I had a lovely evening with my family (mum, dad, and brother) and opened more presents and had some cake and champagne.

My favourite gift from my family was the illustration (last pic) my all time favourite Illustrator. Megan Hess. She is absolutely so amazing and i adore everything she draws, and wish i could have all of them.  She draws them with fountain pens and they are so simple yet so incredibly detailed. if that makes any sense? They are pretty expensive and she only makes a couple of each print so they are quite hard to get. I'd been wanting this New York print for Months and i honestly didn't think id ever get it. I was completely shocked and so happy when i unwrapped it. Link to her website here go check her out she's amazing... Megan Hess 

People keep asking me does it feel any different being 18? And as I've only been 18 for 6 days i can say no. It does not feel any different. Every time i order a drink i keep waiting to get in trouble. But i guess that changes haha.  I also don't feel like I'm fully ready to be an adult. 

Glad to be finally 18 though!! 

All the Love 

Bee xx

Follow me on Instagram @beesturrock

No comments:

Post a Comment